Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Falling Off the Wagon

Tuesday, October 1, 2013
 photo 13199876-7b83-4376-a412-d2f82a943ed4_zpsf9d36656.png
The other day when I was going for a walk because I had not went running in a while, I realized that I quit or give up a lot. That made me feel pretty down on myself. I mean, Nobody wants to be a quitter! 
I got to thinking, though, about the reasons I stopped running so much... for one, lack of time. I know this is not a good excuse, you can always make time, but tell that to my brain at 5:30 am. But mainly, 
I'm not passionate about running. As much as I wanted to believe that was going to change after I started... running just doesn't excite me
Yeah, maybe I didn't give it enough time but, I think that if I'm going to start something and stick to it...
I need to be excited about it.
I mean, all the reasons I mentioned for wanting to run are still there, as far as being healthy goes. 

So, that thing that I "quit", is fixed.
But what about all of the other things?
I mean quitting things a lot is not really a good thing.
But, what I have decided is that when I inevitably give up, or "fall off the wagon" so to speak, the important thing is that I get back on it.
It doesn't matter if I fall of every now and again, we all have those days... weeks... months.
What is important, is that I take a look at why I quit, make changes if necessary, and get back on it. 

So.. don't feel bad if you get off the wagon, just make sure to get back on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014