Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Falling Off the Wagon

Tuesday, October 1, 2013
 photo 13199876-7b83-4376-a412-d2f82a943ed4_zpsf9d36656.png
The other day when I was going for a walk because I had not went running in a while, I realized that I quit or give up a lot. That made me feel pretty down on myself. I mean, Nobody wants to be a quitter! 
I got to thinking, though, about the reasons I stopped running so much... for one, lack of time. I know this is not a good excuse, you can always make time, but tell that to my brain at 5:30 am. But mainly, 
I'm not passionate about running. As much as I wanted to believe that was going to change after I started... running just doesn't excite me
Yeah, maybe I didn't give it enough time but, I think that if I'm going to start something and stick to it...
I need to be excited about it.
I mean, all the reasons I mentioned for wanting to run are still there, as far as being healthy goes. 

So, that thing that I "quit", is fixed.
But what about all of the other things?
I mean quitting things a lot is not really a good thing.
But, what I have decided is that when I inevitably give up, or "fall off the wagon" so to speak, the important thing is that I get back on it.
It doesn't matter if I fall of every now and again, we all have those days... weeks... months.
What is important, is that I take a look at why I quit, make changes if necessary, and get back on it. 

So.. don't feel bad if you get off the wagon, just make sure to get back on it. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014