Thursday, September 5, 2013

Why Mormon's Are So Talented

Thursday, September 5, 2013
So, based on you coming to this particular blog post, you are doing so for one of three reasons...
1. You are a Mormon
2. You are not a Mormon (either curious, investigating or very against)
or
3. You just love me and/or my blog.

So, lets get a few things straight before I get started.
1. I AM a Mormon, albeit a very recent convert.
2. I am not writing this to shove religion down your throat. 
3. I do not really want to have a theological debate. We have are beliefs and that's fine, let's be respectful of each other. 

Okay, now that that's out of the way...
Have you ever noticed how talented Mormon families are or seem to be?
Maybe you didn't grow up in a very Mormon populated environment so, allow me to give you some examples.

Lindsey Stirling- Young amazing violinist.

Alex Boye- Amazing singer.

Not to mention, The Osmonds
                                          

Of course, you could argue that there are lots of talented people out there that are not Mormon, and I'm not denying that. I am just sharing the secret with you why there seem to be a lot of talented Mormons, especially young Mormons... and it may just help you (or your children).

The reason is simply this:
Mormons are taught, from a young age, that God gives us talents and they are to be developed.

So you see, 
there is not some crazy thing that Mormon's do to become talented...
they just work hard. 

Which is why I believe that hard work is the most important part of any passion. If you want to be great at something, you have to work for it.
You know what the wonderful thing is?
Everybody has the choice to work hard, which means everybody has the chance to be really great at something.
Mormon or not.

So, let's get our butts in gear and be really great at something, okay? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014