Saturday, October 11, 2014

Warrior Women: Work Out Inspiration and Plan

Saturday, October 11, 2014
So, a few of you may remember that I was doing a 31 Day workout challenge not to far back? Well, I did that and it was fabulous! After those 31 days though... it's been a struggle. 

First, I wasn't inspired anymore. I hit my goal: to do all 31 days. Once I hit that, I was done. Sure, I still had vauge goals like "getting healthy" and "staying in shape" but that just didn't offer me the motivation I needed. Apparently I need a lot. 


After about two weeks I started working out again... twice a week, 10 minute videos... usually some gentle yoga. Not that that is a bad thing, but really, it's not doing a whole lot of good. I need to do more if I expect to see any improvement in my overall health. 


Then, I stopped even doing that because I got sick. 


One day, as I was scrolling through my emails, I saw a new blog post from nerdfittness. The post spoke to me. It made me realize that I needed to find inspiration in someone I wanted to be like. Read that again. Be like. Not look like. So, I compiled a list of women who embody my fitness goals. 


Now, all of these ladies are fictional, because I am a bit of a nerd. Because they are fictional and played by Hollywood starlets, they are all absolutely beautiful. But that is not the point, nor the reason I chose them.  As much as I would love to look like them, that is an unrealistic goal. Besides, I would much rather embody their fierceness and strength.  All of these ladies can kick some serious butt. They are warriors: mind, body and soul. 




 photo WarriorWomenWorkoutInspiration_zps48b6e92f.jpg Here is my workout plan which includes my train of thought to how I came up with it.



Inspiration: 

Black Widow: She is flexible, strong,  can fight off men more than twice her size, and quick.


Katniss Everdeen: She is strong, both in body and spirit. 


Tris Prior: She grows to be strong, to take care of herself. She is fast and (almost) fearless.


Sarah Walker: She can kick some serious butt, is fast, strong, and flexible.


Alison Argent: Also strong in body and spirit. She is fast. 


Goals: 
Be able to participate in archery (takes a lot of arm strength!), be willing try new things, rock climb, be able to defend myself, gain endurance, and gain flexibility. 

How: 

Yoga: For strength, flexibility,  and relaxed mind


Run/Walk/Cycle: For leg strength and endurance

Barre: For strength, flexibility, and gracefulness

Kickboxing: For strength and defense

Strength Training: For all over strength


Plan of Action:

Monday: Kickboxing 
Tuesday: Yoga
Wednesday: Strength training 
Thursday: Barre 
Friday: Speed walk/jog/Cycle 
Saturday: Try to do something active with John 
Sunday: Rest

Feel free to follow along with me. If you do let me know in the comments below and we can cheer each other on! 


I have made a youtube playlist to follow. It should last three weeks (minus walking/jogging days). After that, I just plan on repeating the sequence until they become too easy and then I will find videos that challenge me more. Here is the link if you would like to follow it with me! Though of course, you can always make your own with your favorites! This is mainly Jessica Smith workouts because I have done most of them before and I know that they are at my skill level but still challenge me... and I just think she's awesome! 


Who is your workout inspiration? How do you stay motivated to exercise? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014