Saturday, April 12, 2014

Liebster Award: Discover New Bloggers!

Saturday, April 12, 2014
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
 photo liebster_zpsda272d52.jpg

Thank you so much Celeste from Leapfrog and Lipgloss! You are such an amazing woman and an inspiration for me!

Alright, let’s get down to it!

Here are the Rules:

If you’re nominated for the award you must:
Make a post about the award, thanking the blogger that nominated you. State 11 interesting facts about yourself Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you Nominate 11 new bloggers with 500 or less followers Write 11 new questions for your nominees.

Interesting tid-bits:
My husband and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon to the Carribean. while we were on our cruise we decided to.try and get on the love and marriage game show just for kicks. we got on and we actually ended up winning! It was so surreal and fun!

When I was growing up I loved horses. I even had a horse themed room. But I was too afraid to ever actually get on a horse!

Going along on the fear of heights trend.. I was also a cheerleader for a while but after what was I think was supposed to be a pep talk from my mom, I decided to quit because I wasn't comfortable with the bases going "full extension. "

I have very little hand eye coordination. I know this because growing up I tried basketball, volleyball, tennis, t-ball, etc. none of them lasted very long. basketball probably lasted the longest but I wasn't very good at it.

My favorite movie of all time is Grease. my mom let me watch it when I was around seven and I have loved it ever since.

My all time favorite television show is Veronica Mars. As you may have noticed with my music posts, I love me some snark and this has it out to the wazzoo. (In a good way, of course). If you read the description online, it sounds kind of cheesy. But just watch a couple episodes and you’ll be hooked. If you just stop reading here to go watch Veronica Mars, I won’t even be mad! And yes… I did see the movie, and yes, it was awesome. Ladies… let’s just say that the men all aged really well.

I make a mean batch of chocolate chip cookies. My secret? KitchenAid baby! We got with money from our wedding and it’s been phenomenal. We use our KitchenAid and rice cooker all the time!

I need almost no sound and no light before I can go to sleep. Husband snoring? No can do. I have to get noise cancelling headphones when that happens, which lucky for me, it doesn’t happen very often! I also sleep with an “eye mask” over my eyes to block out ANY light. I’d be up at sunrise if I didn’t! I use quotes for eye mask because it is actually a really soft fabric headband! I haven’t found an eye mask that fits my head just right yet.

Growing up, I didn’t have a particular favorite food. I had a lot of favorite foods depending on my mood. When anyone asked I would say spaghetti. But now, there are two foods that I am pretty much always in the mood for (besides desert because, let’s be honest when is a bad time for sugary deliciousness?) chicken bowls, sushi, and sweet potato fries. Though, not at the same time. That would be icky.

I’m a geek. In case you didn’t already know that. I am big into the Harry Potter fandom particularly. I even used to have a “mugglespace” account. It is/was like a forum mixed with myspace. Made by the creators of mugglenet (who also do Mugglecast, which yes I listened to). I actually met a couple of people there who I am now friends with on facebook! I love the Harry Potter fandom and just fandoms in general because it is a fabulous way to meet awesome people.

I love owls. If I could have an owl themed kitchen, I would totally do it. I already have an owl shaped utensil holder and owl magnets!

My Questions:

1) Why do you blog?

I blog for several reasons. Firstly, I have a horrible memory and I want to be able to look back and remember what has happened. Its like a very public diary. Ha. I also blog just because I love to write and love to share my opinions with others. I like feeling like I have a voice. Blogging is a great creative outlet that is not to stressful. But, I would love to be the best blogger that I can be. I would love to create a relationship with my (hopefully) growing relationship.

2) What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?

I generally try to putting strange things in my mouth! I think the weirdest thing I ever ate was a Watermelon and Strawberry soup and it was amazing! I know that is not that strange but, I had never had or even thought of fruit in soups let alone cold soup! Plus, everyone I tell about it says its strange!

3) Who is your celebrity doppelganger? (Will you post a pic of yourself so we can see the resemblance?)

Probably Selena Gomez.
 photo celebritylookalike_zpsaacad786.jpg

4) What is one of your major pet-peeves?

One of my strangest and most major pet-peeves is when people don’t push in their chairs! I don’t know why but it just really, really irritates me.

5) You’re only allowed to wear one type of cosmetic for the rest of your life. What do you choose?

Eyeliner. Hands down. Putting eyeliner on makes me look like I’ve entered into the land of the living!

6) Are you a cat or dog person?

Cats, all the way. Probably because I’m lazy and I’d rather able to cuddle up with a cat rather than go run around outside and play with a dog. I’m also more of an indoor person than outdoor so… that helps. Cats are just so chill!

7) Do you prefer reading on a tablet or holding an actual copy of the book?

Book. I love having an actually copy, of course. But, I have been “checking out” a lot of audiobooks to listen to at work so, I can’t totally shun the digitization of books. However, I would still prefer the actual copy, it’s just easier to listen then to read while working and going to school.

8) What is your favorite post you’ve ever written?

Hmm… this is a toughie but probably “The 3 Words I’m Removing from My Vocabulary.” I need to revisit that post every now and again to remind myself of the importance.

9) How did you pick your blog’s name?

Well, when my husband and I were in high school we had a song… even though we weren’t together… weird I know. Anyway that song was “Kryptonite” by Three Doors Down and the chorus says, “If I go crazy will you still call me superman?” so… that is where I got my inspiration from. Because even though we drive each other crazy sometimes, he is still my superman. Always and forever.

10) Where is the worst place you could get stuck?

Antarctica. I hate cold weather.  

11) Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your 13-year old self?

You don’t have to please everyone. It’s okay to burn some bridges. Being an adult is overrated, enjoy your lack of responsibility while you can. Also, choose your friends wisely.

11 Bloggers Nominated
So, some of you may have more than 500 followers but, I just really admire you and your blogs! You don’t have to do this, but I really hope you do! :D

Your questions:


1) Which faction would you choose if you lived in the world of Tris Prior (Divergent)?

2) What is your favorite thing about blogging?

3) What is the most random thing that you almost always have in your purse?

4) What are your most used kitchen items? (besides silverware, the fridge, sink or dishwasher. Example: mine would be Kitchen Aid, rice cooker and cheese grater)

5) What is your favorite season?

6) What would you do (or do differently) if you had an unlimited budget for your wedding?

7) What is the best relationship advice you’ve ever received?

8) What is a song that makes you happy every time you listen to it?

9) Who is your favorite Avenger?

10) Which Disney Princess are you most like?

11) What is the most ridiculous and/or embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014