Monday, March 17, 2014

The Perfect Music for Back Country Roads

Monday, March 17, 2014
 photo 76ff4a7a-a51a-4eca-9b29-5612362cb1dc_zps8e8fdcb1.png Maybe its from growing up in a more rural area, or perhaps it stems from growing up around "good ol' country girls and boys" (my mom and I are city girls, but my dad and his side of the family are definitely more on the country side) but there is just something about driving through the country with the windows rolled down blaring country music. 

Like I said, I'm a city girl but I still find that feeling intoxicating. I couldn't do it everyday, but its a nice thing to do for a mini vacation from life. 

Without further ado are my top picks for Back Country Road listening... 

(Youtube link on the left: song. Spotify link on the right: artist.)

Pontoon by Little Big Town

What Was I Thinkin' by Dierks Bentley

It Happens by Sugarland 

I Like It, I Love It by Tim McGraw (I used to sing this song about Kit Kats when I was little... I know...

Bye-Bye by Jo Dee Messina 

Gone by Montgomery Gentry 

Cowboy by Kid Rock  (Caution: this one isn't exactly family friendly, but is the "clean" version) 

Mud on the Tires by Brad Paisley

Red High Heels by Kellie Pickler 

Suds in the Bucket by Sara Evans 

Red Dirt Road by Brooks & Dunn 

Boondocks by Little Big Town

Some Beach by Blake Shelton  (please watch this video if only for his hair!) 

Chicks Dig It by Chris Cagle 

Hush Hush by the Pistol Annies 

Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band 

Cruise by Florida Georgia Line  the original, not the pop version 

Better Dig Two by The Band Perry 

Days Go By by Keith Urban 

Sweet Home Alabama by Lynard Skynard 


So... I noticed most of these are older but, so what? Once a good country song, always a good country song! 

What are your favorite country songs? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014