Monday, February 24, 2014

The Perfect Music For A Good Mood!

Monday, February 24, 2014
I am a firm believer that there is a song for everything. Anything you're feeling or thinking can be applied to a song and I think that is beautiful. Why? Because it shows us that we are not alone! No matter what we are going through, somebody else  has been there... maybe not in the same way, but they've felt similar things and they found a way to deal with it, and so can you.

There is just something so powerful about music/lyrics. Sometimes it can speak to us when nothing else can.
With that in mind... Welcome to the first installment of "The Perfect Music For"! I'm hoping to do this exclusively on Mondays, but we'll see how that goes.

I know all of our musical tastes are different, but I have a very wide range so, I'm hoping that there will be a little something for everybody.



Today however, I'm afraid I'm not going to be very deep with my musical selections. I'm going to give you the Top 20 songs that never fail to put me in a good mood. Ever.

I've linked to original music video (unless other wise stated) on youtube (song title) and spotify (artist) for your convince.

Enough by Jason Castro This song is just so beautiful, and he wrote it for his daughter. Probably the only actually deep and inspiring songs on this list! Video is just lyrics.

Wings by Little Mix - Girl power! 


New Shoes by Paolo Nutini He totally gets the power of buying new shoes! Its just a fun upbeat song and makes me smile.


Magic by B.o.B. feat. Rivers Cuomo Super infectious beat... makes me want to dance, and its just fun!


Kiss You (Originally by One Direction) by Not Another Boy Band This makes me smile everytime. Its cute and cheesy and sometimes just what I need. Also, the music video is just ridiculous... in a good way.


Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammar This makes getting through Mondays a breeze 


Titanium by David Guetta feat Sia COME AT ME BRO! .... yeah, that may or may not be how I feel after listening to this song


Whistle (Glee Cast Version) by Glee (Warblers) I know, I know, its so dirty! BUT, I love it. I hated it when it first came out on the radio and then the Warblers performed it and I was mush... Dang you Warblers! P.s. full length song on spotify, the shortened glee version is on youtube


It's A Beautiful Day by Michael Buble I don't know why breakup songs make it on the list but they do. Its just so tongue in cheek and awesome... and who can resist good ol' Buble?


Feeling Good by Michael Buble Maybe my favorite Buble song ever (though its not original to him OR Muse for that matter). So jazzy. And the lyrics put me in a good mood too!


Broadway, Here I Come! by SMASH Cast Listen to Spotify for the full thing, I wanted the actual performance for the youtube video. So, this song is technically about suicide (if you didn't know, you wouldn't really guess until the end) but I choose to see the ending as figurative/metaphoric rather than realistic so... it still puts me  in a good mood. Maybe its just Jeremy Jordans voice and this was the least depressing song he sings (alone) on Smash? I don't know but expect to see this alot because I love it!


Thrift Shop (Originally by Mackelmore) by Tyler Ward & Lindsey Stirling- So, the video is hillariously fun, and they've taken a explicit song and made it not so explicit, which I love! Also, its just true!

Dance With Me Tonight by Academical Village People- I couldn't find a good quality youtube video! This is an acapella version of Dance with me Tonight and its aca-mazing! 

Oh My! by Haley Reinhart & B.o.B- A little suggestive, but so fun. It has a big band ish vibe and makes me want to dance in my seat!


Brave by Sara Bareilles So, I guess there is more than one inspiring song on this list! I love Sara Bareilles and this song just reminds me to not be so afraid of confrontation (or failure)


Great Night by William Beckett- Another break up song... What can I say, I have  a weakness for tongue in cheek type songs! 


My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy - Whenever this comes on the car radio, the volume goes up and I start belting and dancing in my seat. Maybe its nostalgia, maybe its the beat, maybe I'm crazy... who knows?! But don't kid yourself, you totally scream "I"M ON FIR-AHHHHH!"


Highway to Nowhere by Drake Bell  Oh, Drake Bell, how we miss you! This one is pretty inexplicable about why exactly it puts me in a good mood so... I'm going to let you figure out that one.


Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae This is perfect for the end of those weeks you just wanted to throw your hands in the air and give up.


Walking on Sunshine by Aly and AJ  and don't it feel good?!



What are you're favorite good mood songs?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014