Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Knitted Sherlock Scarf (Free Pattern Chart)

Wednesday, February 26, 2014
I am so very excited to finally get to talk about this scarf! I made it for my friends birthday and I just gave it to her today so I finally get to share it with all of you! (I didn't want to spoil her birthday surprise!). 

My friend is a huge Sherlock fan and she is the one that taught me how to knit, so I knew I wanted to knit her something with a Sherlock theme. So, I searched and came upon a really cool "pattern" on Tricksy Knitter. I use the quotes because it didn't have any instructions, just the chart. However, I downloaded, and used it and I love it! You can find the chart here


As this was only my... hmm... fifth knitting project, I had no idea how to add text! A couple of google search results and youtube videos later, I decided to use fair isle with stockinette stitch (which is apparently the only stitch fair isle works in? Not sure on that one). 


I used two different weights of yarn, which was scary, but it didn't seem to be a problem. I also didn't realize that stockinette stitch curled and that you can't really block acryllic yarn so... I lined it with fleece, which helped a little but not fully. Here are the results:





Yarn:
 Loops & Threads Charisma in Charcoal 5wt
Loops & Threads Impeccable in White 4 wt
Needles:
6mm (I think, I don't really remember!) 

I think if I were to do it over again, I would create a border so that it didn't curl on the edges and maybe add some tassels on the end but, otherwise I'm pretty proud of this scarf as I think it looks good and is my first adventure in fair isle! :) 


I loved this project so much, I am actually using the same technique for my current project! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014