Friday, February 7, 2014

Marriages Are Sacred

Friday, February 7, 2014
 photo 13199876-7b83-4376-a412-d2f82a943ed4_zpsf9d36656.png

It makes me sad to see so many marriages failing.
You see it everywhere you turn. On the news, on facebook, etc. 
I realize that no marriage or relationship is perfect and there will always be some (hopefully small) issues. 
I think a major issue a lot of marriages have today is that we forget about the sanctity of marriage. 
I mean, think about it, wouldn't we put forth more effort, try to be more understanding, more loving, and more selfless if we were reminded daily that our marriage is sacred? A sacred promise between us, our spouses, and God. I know I would. 
I would be much more understanding, forgiving, and just all around put more effort into being a better wife. I would make sure that I was building John up and doing everything I could to ensure his spiritual health.
And I know he would be doing the same for me.

Even if you don't believe in God , you still made a promise. A pretty huge one.
A promise to another human being which should not be taken lightly. I think promises these days have lost their meaning but that's a whole other issue. 

Don't get me wrong, we already do these things, but  some-days we forget. I won't speak for John but 
sometimes I get caught up in our own little world and I don't take the time to consider John above myself. Sometimes I don't take into consideration that our marriage is something sacred. Something to constantly improve. Something that takes priority.
And I think we would all do well to remember that.

Thats why I made a picture that I can print out and/or keep on my computer to remind me  daily. Feel free to use it, and print it out, just don't pass it off as your own, please!

What would you do differently if you were reminded daily of the sanctity of marriage?

You May Also Like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014