Monday, January 27, 2014

How to Do Colorwork in Knitting

Monday, January 27, 2014
Since my last Cozy Housewife post, I've made a infinity loop scarf and a pretty awesome knitting binder. I will not show the loop, its nothing fancy, but I will show the binder if you all would like. 
One of the pictures I'm working on right now is a present for my friends birthday that involves doing color work. I found a chart that I wanted to use, but there was no pattern attached to it. I did some research on what would be best for my particular project and here is what I found. 
Intarsia- 

From my understanding, Intarsia would be best for color blocking. As in shapes and colors you only use once, or sporadically.

Fair Isle

Fair Isle knitting is better for when you need to carry your work. 

and 

Double Knitting
(Don't watch Biz or Sarah! A possible present is shown!)

This is really, really cool. Its basically, the stitch you want to use if you want something reversible. I will definitely be trying this out when I get the colors of yarn I need.

Stripes

I'm sure that these aren't the only stitches that you can do for color work, but they are definitely the most popular. 

For my project, I chose Fair Isle, and I really like it so far. Its amazing to see a project come together and turn into a pattern. I can't wait for you guys to see it! 

You May Also Like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014