Friday, August 18, 2017

Monthly Mayhem 3.8 to 4.3 (August 2017)

Friday, August 18, 2017
So, it's been a year. I could apologize or have a long drawn out explanation but, I'm not going to. Suffice to say, I was busy and uninspired. But, now I am busting at the seams with inspiration. I figured I should begin with a bit of a life update.

August through October 2016
At some point, I found out I was pregnant! We had been trying for a little while so this was very exciting. I figured out how to video call my parents and told them after our first scan. (P.s. why does nobody tell you that first one is internal?! #notpreparedforthat)
In October we announced it to the rest of the world! Using our own parody of the Britney Spears song "...Baby One More Time".
I was exhausted the first trimester.

November 2016
We went to Europe!! Are we crazy? Absolutely. Was it worth it? Yes!  At 19 to 20 weeks pregnant John and I went to London, Barcelona, Rome and Venice. I'm thinking I'll make a seperate post all about that. So many stories to tell that I want to remember. John was incredibly patient with me, which I really appreciated. And I developed a taste for Italian/European Fanta and I will never be the same.


December 2016 through March 2017
Mba school madness. Last Veterans United Christmas party.  Pregnancy brain. Cankles.  Swollen everywhere. Getting ready for our baby. Tired, emotional, and more tired.
Our sweet baby girl arrived March 30th 2017 after 11 hours of labor. We were instantly in love.

April 2017
Baby G was officially on the scene. It was a crazy first month. She was (and is) healthy but I was (and am) new to this whole mom business. Let me tell you... it changes everything. I was incredibly anxious those first few weeks but luckily my mother and mother in law took turns staying with us and that helped immensely. I can never thank them enough!

May through August 2017
I'm pretty sure we won the jackpot when it comes to cute babies. I officially quit my job and became a stay at home mom.
But wait, there's more! John officially quit his job and enrolled full time for his MBA at Vanderbilt ... and we moved to Nashville!
We now have a squirmy, rolling (!!!), teething baby and a small but perfect for us apartment. John has officially started classes; and we have officially eaten the best pizza ever. (In Nashville of all places! Five Points Pizza)



Also, we had our second no baby date night and went to the Straight No Chaser/Post Modern Jukebox concert. #worthit


I am truly excited to see where this year will take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014