Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Quest for Health: 31 Day Ab Challenge Mid-Month Update

Wednesday, July 16, 2014
We are officially half way through the month of July? How ridiculous is that? This means its almost time for back to school and football season. Do you know what else it means? 

 photo questforhealth31dayabchallengeupdate_zpsd1854ea8.jpg
It means that I am halfway through JessicaSmithTV's 31 Day Ab Challenge! It will take me a little bit longer than 31 days because I am not working out on Sundays (religious reasons) but, it will be close and I have managed to work out every weekday and Saturday so far! 

I also have to admit that I skipped/will be skipping the stability ball workouts... not because I want to but just because I don't want to buy a stability ball for 2 workouts. Because, let's be honest, after those two it will just sit in a corner and take up space. So, at the end, I'm just going to redo two of my favorite workouts. 

Some things I've realized: 

- It's really becoming part of my routine. I feel like I've been getting up at 6am and doing a Jessica Smith workout for a lot longer than 2.5 weeks. 

- While I have to fight the urge to hit snooze in the morning, I really like waking up early and working out first thing. It wakes me up and I have more energy in the mornings. I'm also generally less grumpy though, this little thing called PMS still exists, so my husband may beg to differ ;) 

- The workouts I think I'll hate are the ones that I end up loving, and the ones I think I'll love, I end up not liking as much. So, this has been great so far. I'm learning what I like and what I really don't care for. So far my favorites have been Cardio Ball Blast and Single Sided Strength

- I'm kind of an old lady when it comes to stuff hurting my knees! 

- My shoulders pop, and it's super annoying. Apparently my shoulders think I'm an old lady too because I looked it up and most things said, "As you age/ If you're an athlete" and I'm definitely not an athlete soo.... 

- There is apparently not much I can do about my shoulder popping and as long as its not hurting me, its not much of a problem. No wonder I don't like arm workouts! 

- I actually like working out. I'm not to the point yet where I necessarily look forward to waking up at 6 am and working out but I'm not dreading it anymore so, that's an improvement. 

- I am a huge fan of videos vs. written workouts. If I'm counting my reps, I'm going to stop early. If I have somebody encouraging me and counting the reps for me, even on a screen, I'm going to do a much better job at following through. 

- Sometimes you need reward motivators. My motivator? John said if I complete the full 31 days he'll take me out to dinner wherever I want... I'm thinking sushi ;)

All in all, I'm doing well. I'm feeling a little stronger and my abs are consistently sore though, not to the point of pain, just to the point that I can tell I worked them out, which I love. I am getting stronger, though I know that it will be a slow process. 

How about you? Are you on JessicaSmithTV's 31 Day Ab Challenge? What have you learned doing this or any other challenge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014